Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default delete a style

Using Win XP and Office 2007

I was practicing with the styles manager to make sure I could create a new
style and make it available to use in all new documents. I have
successfully completed that task.

Now I was to permanently delete that practice style from everywhere. I
cannot seem to get it deleted so that it is all gone forever from
everywhere. Could someone give step by step directions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

Delete a style from which Office 2007 component?

For example, to delete a style from Word 2007 (Google is your friend):

"How to Delete a Style in Word 2007"
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...sId-76383.html

Daddy

"BK" wrote in message
Using Win XP and Office 2007

I was practicing with the styles manager to make sure I could create a new
style and make it available to use in all new documents. I have
successfully completed that task.

Now I was to permanently delete that practice style from everywhere. I
cannot seem to get it deleted so that it is all gone forever from
everywhere. Could someone give step by step directions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Sorry, I should have indicated that I was working in Word 2007.

Unfortunately, the instructions to delete this style do not work. When I
click through the instructions and get to the delete option, the question I
get is whether I want to "delete the style from this document." My only
choices are "yes" or "no" or "cancel." When I click yes, the style is still
listed when I close and reopen Word.

"BK" wrote in message
Using Win XP and Office 2007

I was practicing with the styles manager to make sure I could create a
new style and make it available to use in all new documents. I have
successfully completed that task.

Now I was to permanently delete that practice style from everywhere. I
cannot seem to get it deleted so that it is all gone forever from
everywhere. Could someone give step by step directions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You have to delete the style from the blank document template. You can use
the Organizer for that purpose: In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click
the Manage Styles button, and then click Import/Export. Word displays the
Organizer dialog box. Locate the style in Normal.dotm, and press Delete.
When you are done, click Close.

If/when you are prompted to save changes to the template, choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BK" wrote in message
Using Win XP and Office 2007

I was practicing with the styles manager to make sure I could create a
new style and make it available to use in all new documents. I have
successfully completed that task.

Now I was to permanently delete that practice style from everywhere. I
cannot seem to get it deleted so that it is all gone forever from
everywhere. Could someone give step by step directions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom