Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Waylong

Default How to get letterhead to STAY on subsequent pages

I've been to the help site and I can't find this solution: What if you
actually WANT the letterhead to be placed on ALL continuing pages of the same
document...there is no HELP option here to help set that up...and doing the
opposite of your recommendation ( i.e. UNchecking the "Different first
page" option box...does not automatically insert the letterhead on the
following pages..in fact it "steals" the first page's one.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not sure what you mean by "it "steals" the first page's one", but if
you want the information in a Header (e.g. a letter head) to appear on all
pages of a document, you do need to uncheck the "Different first page"
option box and then in the header pane that is available, you must set up
the information that you want in the Header.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Waylong" wrote in message
I've been to the help site and I can't find this solution: What if you
actually WANT the letterhead to be placed on ALL continuing pages of the
same
document...there is no HELP option here to help set that up...and doing
the
opposite of your recommendation ( i.e. UNchecking the "Different first
page" option box...does not automatically insert the letterhead on the
following pages..in fact it "steals" the first page's one.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:46:27 -0800, "Waylong"
wrote:

I've been to the help site and I can't find this solution: What if you
actually WANT the letterhead to be placed on ALL continuing pages of the same
document...there is no HELP option here to help set that up...and doing the
opposite of your recommendation ( i.e. UNchecking the "Different first
page" option box...does not automatically insert the letterhead on the
following pages..in fact it "steals" the first page's one.)

If you were starting out to make this template, simply don't ever
check the "Different first page" option. Then the main header will be
the only one available to put the letterhead in, and it will repeat on
all pages.

If you already have the letterhead set up in the First Page Header,
first cut it to the clipboard. Then uncheck the "Different first page"
option. Finally, paste the letterhead into the main header.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Move the letterhead to the continuation page header before you uncheck
different first page (or uncheck different first page before you insert the
letterhead in the header).

Putting the full letterhead on every page of a multi-page letter is
extremely unusual, though, unless you have a very trim letterhead.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.