Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Su2girls Su2girls is offline

Default How do I restore original page setup for Word?

I thought when I hit default it would restore my setup to the original, but
it changed it to what I had entered in error. What are the original settings
for margins, etc, in Word 2002?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To restore the factory defaults, you can rename normal.dot (with Word
closed) and have Word create a new one for you. Look in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm
for instructions on how to find normal.dot.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Su2girls" wrote in message
I thought when I hit default it would restore my setup to the

original, but
it changed it to what I had entered in error. What are the original

settings
for margins, etc, in Word 2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As Stefan says, you can get back to the factory defaults by renaming
Normal.dot, but you also lose any other customizations you have saved. The
basic defaults are 1.25" left and right margins, 1" top and bottom margins,
0.5" header and footer margins, Portrait orientation, Letter or A4 paper
size, "Default tray" for both first page and other pages, and "New page"
section start, with none of the other options enabled.

"Su2girls" wrote in message
I thought when I hit default it would restore my setup to the original,

but
it changed it to what I had entered in error. What are the original

settings
for margins, etc, in Word 2002?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
flygirl flygirl is offline

Hi,
I'm new at this and I'm trying to do something similar to what this person
described, and I can't seem to start a new thread or ask a new question... so
here goes.
I accidentally changed my default word document when I was trying to copy
and paste an spss file into a word document and make it fit. I've tried a
number of ways to return to the default settings, but regardless, I get the
message boxes that say a section is set outside of the printable area of the
page, which turns out to be 2.67" when you hit the fix button. It should be
1.25" as the default, but regardless of how many times I put all the orginial
numbers in the fields of the page set up box and hit default, I can't get
back to the original word document template. I've been to the normal.dot
page and that's got all these weird changes in it and I can't figure out how
to restore normal.dot with the default margins. Help!