JEB01

Default When joining tables, table sections shift left or right.

I am using Word 2000 and am working with tables to create a form. Therefore,
I am working with a table that has sections that vary in format.

I have split the table for the purpose of adding columns or moving columns
from one spot to another within a single section. When I attempt to rejoin
the tables, the two tables will not align, but seem to shift slightly left or
right.

The tables appear to be the same width and columns appear to be aligned when
the tables are split, but shift each time the tables are joined.

I have had some tables that can be split and rejoined with no problem, but
others will not join properly.

What causes this to happen? How can I avoid this problem?