Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari Shari is offline

Default citations & bibliography

I'm a long-time APA user but new to Word 2007. The built-in fields are not
correct or robust enough to fit a number of citations for a book I am
editing. Can I change the fields or add that 'red recommended' asterisk to
some fields? Or is EndNotes software my only option for completeness and
flexibility?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Shari

Shari wrote:
I'm a long-time APA user but new to Word 2007. The built-in fields are not
correct or robust enough to fit a number of citations for a book I am
editing. Can I change the fields or add that 'red recommended' asterisk to
some fields? Or is EndNotes software my only option for completeness and
flexibility?

Not that I have ever tried anything of the sort, but information for
such an undertaking would most likely be found he

The Microsoft Office Word Team's Blog: Bibliography & Citations 1011
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...ions-1011.aspx

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shari Shari is offline

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the link to that blog on my issue. It appears that I am not
alone in my dashed hopes for this feature, which I was so looking forward to
using. It probably works well for entry- or intermediate-level users;
however, I'm not prepared to write code to get what I need now.

I have returned to my first choice of EndNote for citations and references;
we are getting along well!

Thanks!

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Shari

Shari wrote:
I'm a long-time APA user but new to Word 2007. The built-in fields are not
correct or robust enough to fit a number of citations for a book I am
editing. Can I change the fields or add that 'red recommended' asterisk to
some fields? Or is EndNotes software my only option for completeness and
flexibility?

Not that I have ever tried anything of the sort, but information for
such an undertaking would most likely be found he

The Microsoft Office Word Team's Blog: Bibliography & Citations 1011
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...ions-1011.aspx

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
X Against HTML | for | with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kim1119 Kim1119 is offline

Unfortunately, it is not even usable for the beginning or intermediate user
as it does not provide correctly formatted citations even if they are as
simplistic as a single journal article. For some reason, it obliterates the
authors that are typed in and shortens them to just the first author. While
the "add new source" box can be expaned to enter the volumn and other
information, and it all appears in the editing areas, it does not appear in
the bibliography nor the citations and I have found no way to correct it. If
you do or anyone else does, please post the information. Thanks!

"Shari" wrote:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the link to that blog on my issue. It appears that I am not
alone in my dashed hopes for this feature, which I was so looking forward to
using. It probably works well for entry- or intermediate-level users;
however, I'm not prepared to write code to get what I need now.

I have returned to my first choice of EndNote for citations and references;
we are getting along well!

Thanks!

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Shari