Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

Default there are too many context menues

I think that there are too many context menues (5 of them)

1 the right click one
2 the shy one
3 the alt shift f10 one
4 the design tab
5 the side bar

sugested fixes.

merge the right click and alt-shift-f10 menues

put an arrow pointing up on the right click context menue that would "slide"
out the shy menue. and a down arrow on the shy menue to get the right click
one

make the design menue blue and all the way to the right so I know it is
contexual and will know it is diferent (or some cue like that)

I don't know haow to fix the sidebar (allways didn't understand it (I am a
keyboard only user so I can't really play with it much (the accsesibillity
code on it needs some cleanning up (at least in office 2003))))

thatkyou for reading. love most of the changes. it is much better from a
keyboard standpoint.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

But I use those all the time... :-)
"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

I do to. I don't want to get rid of them. I want them consolidated.
"Chuck Davis" wrote:

But I use those all the time... :-)
"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by some of the terminology you are
using or which version of Word you are referring to. If Word 2007
then:

By 'shy one' I think you mean the Mini toolbar? The one that displays
with formatting tools when you select text or right-click text?

By the "design tab" I'm not sure what you mean there either. There are
a few contextual tabs, such as the Design tab for Table tools. Is that
what you are referring to?

By the 'side bar' I think you mean the Task Pane that displays for
Styles, ClipArt, Research, etc. Is that what you mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by some of the terminology you are
using or which version of Word you are referring to. If Word 2007
then:

yes office 12 (2007)
By 'shy one' I think you mean the Mini toolbar? The one that displays
with formatting tools when you select text or right-click text?

I am refering to the shy toolbar. it appers obove a word when you hover.
it is transparent untill you mouse over it. it has been called the shy tool
bar in the past. it provides basic formatting commands
By the "design tab" I'm not sure what you mean there either. There are
a few contextual tabs, such as the Design tab for Table tools. Is that
what you are referring to?

yes. I do not like them mixed with the non contextual ones.

By the 'side bar' I think you mean the Task Pane that displays for
Styles, ClipArt, Research, etc. Is that what you mean?

yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

"Timothy" wrote in message

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by some of the terminology you
are
using or which version of Word you are referring to. If Word 2007
then:

yes office 12 (2007)
By 'shy one' I think you mean the Mini toolbar? The one that
displays
with formatting tools when you select text or right-click text?

I am refering to the shy toolbar. it appers obove a word when you
hover.
it is transparent untill you mouse over it. it has been called the
shy tool
bar in the past. it provides basic formatting commands

I'm not sure where you heard it was called "shy toolbar" - maybe in
another application? It was called Floatie, then Mini-bar, and now
Mini toolbar.

If you think about it, the concept of the Mini toolbar is to provide a
'clickless' command. If you had to right-click, then click again, and
then click the command you wanted then essencially, you'd have a
shortcut menu with a submenu and it would take three clicks to get to
the command you want. (Personally it gets in my way so I turned it
off.)

By the "design tab" I'm not sure what you mean there either. There
are
a few contextual tabs, such as the Design tab for Table tools. Is
that
what you are referring to?

yes. I do not like them mixed with the non contextual ones.

They aren't mixed - they already appear on the right. I think I know
what you want by 'far right' but this would be quite difficult since
the 'far right' depends on screen resolution and monitor size. Not to
metion I'm sure those using a dual monitor would like having to travel
to the far right of their second screen just to get to a contextual
menu.

The way you can tell it is a contextual tab is is the color change
along with the flag that appears in the title bar.

By the 'side bar' I think you mean the Task Pane that displays for
Styles, ClipArt, Research, etc. Is that what you mean?

yes.

The F6 command will put the task pane in focus.

Each of the objects you are referring to serve its own function - I
couldn't begin to envision them being consolidated into one object.
They already consolidated the toolbars and menu bar into a horizontal
menu/toolbar and called it a Ribbon and that's been hard enough to
adapt to...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

"Beth Melton" wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Did you read what I wrote carefully?

By the "design tab" I'm not sure what you mean there either. There
are
a few contextual tabs, such as the Design tab for Table tools. Is
that
what you are referring to?

yes. I do not like them mixed with the non contextual ones.

They aren't mixed - they already appear on the right. I think I know
what you want by 'far right' but this would be quite difficult since
the 'far right' depends on screen resolution and monitor size. Not to
metion I'm sure those using a dual monitor would like having to travel
to the far right of their second screen just to get to a contextual
menu.

This needs to be tested in the various high contrast modes.

The way you can tell it is a contextual tab is is the color change
along with the flag that appears in the title bar.

By the 'side bar' I think you mean the Task Pane that displays for
Styles, ClipArt, Research, etc. Is that what you mean?

yes.

The F6 command will put the task pane in focus.

Ah all I knew was that alt-f1 focussed the help pane.

"Timothy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Timothy" wrote in message
"Beth Melton" wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message

If you think about it, the concept of the Mini toolbar is to
provide a
'clickless' command. If you had to right-click, then click again,
and
then click the command you wanted then essencially, you'd have a
shortcut menu with a submenu and it would take three clicks to get
the command you want. (Personally it gets in my way so I turned it
off.)

Did you read what I wrote carefully?

Ah, okay so it would slide out, still like a submenu. But concept
still remains, it's a 'clickless' toolbar and it's already there if
you right-click - why add an extra step?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/