Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fran C Fran C is offline

Default How to create a custom page numbering

I need to create custom page numbering for a college research paper that reads
with my last name and page number only so that page 1 is numbered Connell 1
page 2 is numbered Connell 2 and so on. The options under headers and footers
include my full name and date with the page number, but that's not how my
instructor wants it done. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

Click View - Header and Footer - type instructor name like "Connell" and then
click "Insert Page Number" from Header / Footer toolbar. Now, number will
appear like "Connell 1" "Connell 2" and so.

You can also type Custom Header like "Connell Page No." and then insert page
number.

Hope this information helps you, let us know!

"Fran C" wrote:

I need to create custom page numbering for a college research paper that reads
with my last name and page number only so that page 1 is numbered Connell 1
page 2 is numbered Connell 2 and so on. The options under headers and footers
include my full name and date with the page number, but that's not how my
instructor wants it done. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Hi have a listen to Microsoft audio course Headers and Footers
--
Who Cares Who Dares Who Wins

"Fran C" wrote:

I need to create custom page numbering for a college research paper that reads
with my last name and page number only so that page 1 is numbered Connell 1
page 2 is numbered Connell 2 and so on. The options under headers and footers
include my full name and date with the page number, but that's not how my
instructor wants it done. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Have a listen to Microsoft audio course
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH011218821033