Kenny

Default Equation Editor: All my saved files have had every symbol changed.

I have pages & pages of answer sheets with equations laid out in equation
editor. I teach night school to adults. All my symbols have changed. "()" has
become f's. A division sign is now a film projectror. A "+" sign is a
lightning bolt.
Anybody got a clue?
Bob Mathews

On 31-Dec-2004, "?B?S2Vubnk=?="
wrote:

I have pages & pages of answer sheets with equations laid
out in equation editor. I teach night school to adults. All my
symbols have changed. "()" has become f's. A division sign
is now a film projectror. A "+" sign is a lightning bolt.
Anybody got a clue?

Sure. I have a little clue. The clue is that the items that are
supposed to be displaying with Symbol font are displaying with
another font. Open Equation Editor, and in the Style menu, click
Define. Make sure these styles are set to Symbol font: "L.C.
Greek", "U.C. Greek", and "Symbol". All the other styles should
be set to whatever your font in Word is.
--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training 830-990-9699
Kenny

Thanks Bob,
You put me miles ahead of where I was at. I checked and all 3 are set to
"Bookshelf Symbol 7". This is the only option in the fonts drop down box with
the word "Symbol" in it. Have you got any more ideas?
Kenny

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

On 31-Dec-2004, "?B?S2Vubnk=?="
wrote:

[...]

It would appear that somehow you have lost your Symbol font. Since this is a
Windows core font, it's hard to know how that could have happened, and I'm
not sure what is required to reinstall it (presumably it is on the Windows
CD somewhere).

"Kenny" wrote in message
Thanks Bob,
You put me miles ahead of where I was at. I checked and all 3 are set to
"Bookshelf Symbol 7". This is the only option in the fonts drop down box

with
the word "Symbol" in it. Have you got any more ideas?
Kenny

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

On 31-Dec-2004, "?B?S2Vubnk=?="
wrote:

[...]

Kenny

Thanks to eveyone for their help!
I was able to re-install the symbol font through the control panel and my
problem is resolved.
Thanks, again,
Kenny

"Kenny" wrote in message
Thanks Bob,
You put me miles ahead of where I was at. I checked and all 3 are set to
"Bookshelf Symbol 7". This is the only option in the fonts drop down box

with
the word "Symbol" in it. Have you got any more ideas?
Kenny