JAmmer

Default Ruler Showing Bizare Measurements

Why is this 'Character Unit' something that must be edited in the Macro
Editor instead of having it as another option in the Tools/Options? This is
a strange way to fix something that should never have been a problem in the
first place.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi Folks!

The horizontal and vertical ruler is showing a bunch of number units that
are squeezed together to the point that they are not hardly intelligible.

checked the measurement settings under Tools / Options / General Tab /
Measurement Units. This is set to inches, which is what I want. I did a
Detect/Repair of Word on the Help menu and also did a repair through

Control
Panel. Nothing I have done corrects this problem.

Please assist me.

Many thanks!

- Lawrence

Graham Mayor

It's a bug. At least it is one that can be fixed.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Lawrence" wrote in message
Hi Folks!

The horizontal and vertical ruler is showing a bunch of number
units that are squeezed together to the point that they are not
hardly intelligible. I checked the measurement settings under Tools