Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CodyKid CodyKid is offline

Default Master label formatting

HI,
At work I set up various folder and file label templates by selecting an
Avery label but leaving it blank so that I can fill in any label on the page
when I need it, as we seldom print an entire sheet of labels. My template at
work has the lines between that outlines each label. This enables me to print
one or more labels and not waste the entire sheet.

However, at home I have a later version of WORD and have been unable to get
the lines. I get the formatting tabs and margins but that is not as helpful
as the lines. Is this due to my older version or is something not set up in
my Word at home to be able to view (not print) the lines?

Thank you
--
CodyKid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"CodyKid" wrote in message
news
HI,
At work I set up various folder and file label templates by selecting an
Avery label but leaving it blank so that I can fill in any label on the
page
when I need it, as we seldom print an entire sheet of labels. My template
at
work has the lines between that outlines each label. This enables me to
print
one or more labels and not waste the entire sheet.

However, at home I have a later version of WORD and have been unable to
get
the lines. I get the formatting tabs and margins but that is not as
helpful
as the lines. Is this due to my older version or is something not set up
in
my Word at home to be able to view (not print) the lines?

I'm assuming that you're using a table for your labels.

In Word 2007, click inside your table and the Table Tools section of the
ribbon will appear. Select Layout View Gridlines.

In Word 2003 it's Table Show Gridlines.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CodyKid CodyKid is offline

Thank you Peter,
I just didn't think to check the tables gridline. That solved my problem.
Many thanks.
CodyKid
--
CodyKid

"PeterMcC" wrote:

"CodyKid" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"CodyKid" wrote in message
Thank you Peter,
I just didn't think to check the tables gridline. That solved my problem.
Many thanks.

snip

You are very welcome.