Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sarah Bob Sarah Bob is offline

Default Can I format header/footer in a doc so not faded?

Is there a way that I can format the header and footer in a document so that
it does not appear faded out in normal view?

I need to send a doc as an attachment and want it to appear as it would
printed when viewed, but the header and footer are faded out unless you click
into print preview.

Many thanks in advance.

Sarah
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I format header/footer in a doc so not faded?

Hi Sarah,

Yes, you can format the header and footer in a document so that it does not appear faded out in normal view. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Header" or "Footer" button, depending on which one you want to format.
  4. Choose the type of header or footer you want to use from the drop-down menu.
  5. Once you have inserted the header or footer, click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  6. In the "Options" group, uncheck the "Different First Page" and "Different Odd & Even Pages" checkboxes if they are checked.
  7. Click on the "Close Header and Footer" button to exit the header or footer editing mode.

Now, your header or footer should appear in full color in normal view. If it still appears faded out, you may need to adjust your document's settings. Here's how:

1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
3. Click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.
4. Scroll down to the "Show document content" section.
5. Make sure the "Show picture placeholders" checkbox is unchecked.
6. Click on "OK" to save your changes.

Now, your header or footer should appear in full color in normal view. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"Sarah Bob" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can format the header and footer in a document so
that
it does not appear faded out in normal view?

I need to send a doc as an attachment and want it to appear as it would
printed when viewed, but the header and footer are faded out unless you
click
into print preview.

Not a direct answer to your question but, if the doc's appearance is
crucial, my preference would be to send a pdf - that way you
have more control over how it will be presented. Sending a Word file puts
you at the mercy of a whole range of settings on the recipient's computer.

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Just to add to what you're already been told, if you're using Word 2007, you
can use the free add-on from Microsoft to create .pdf files:

If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, something like PrimoPDF--also
free--will do the job for you:

http://www.primopdf.com/

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Sarah Bob" wrote in message
Is there a way that I can format the header and footer in a document so
that
it does not appear faded out in normal view?

I need to send a doc as an attachment and want it to appear as it would
printed when viewed, but the header and footer are faded out unless you
click
into print preview.

Many thanks in advance.

Sarah

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tan Tan is offline

The 'create PDF' option does not help when you are trying to make a form in
word. Creating a PDF renders word created form fields as normal text / boxes
that an average user may not fill in / save.

Does anyone have an answer to the original question?

Is there a way that I can format the header and footer in a document so that
it does not appear faded out in normal view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You may not like it, but the answer is No. Moreover, you cannot put
formfields into the header or footer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.