Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bamafan bamafan is offline

Default where is the "fix button"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

What do you think is a "fix button"? What is it supposed to do? And what version
of Word are you asking about?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
What do you think is a "fix button"? What is it supposed to do? And what
version
of Word are you asking about?

And, if anyone finds it, can you let the rest of us know?

--
PeterMcC

inappropriate or offensive in any way,
I've been searching for years.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There is a FixBrokenText command (listed in All Commands in Tools |
Customize) that is applicable only to Asian languages, I believe. There is
also, just below that, a FixMe command that I assumed would be undocumented,
but in fact at
http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/...pairItself.htm I
found an explanation:

"Beginning with Word 2000 Microsoft quietly added a macro command called
FixMe that, as its name implies, conducts a full checkup of Word. If it
finds something amiss, such as corrupted code, it instructs you to get out
the original installation CD and run it. Then it instructs the computer to
reload whatever is broken."

This explanation is somewhat erroneous in describing the command as a
"macro" and saying it can be found only through the Macros dialog, but aside
from that I assume it is accurate. It may be that the OP is asking about the
Detect and Repair command or the like.