Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paddy[_2_] Paddy[_2_] is offline

Default Graphic in a table

In a simple 3-column table, I insert a (Visio drawn GIF) graphic in the
middle cell. How can I set the text wrap around the graphic? Select the
graphic and Right-Click gives the table menu, not the graphic menu.

The graphic text-wrap defaults to what in a non-table document would be "In
Line with text".

TIA

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:00:28 +1100, "Paddy" wrote:

In a simple 3-column table, I insert a (Visio drawn GIF) graphic in the
middle cell. How can I set the text wrap around the graphic? Select the
graphic and Right-Click gives the table menu, not the graphic menu.

The graphic text-wrap defaults to what in a non-table document would be "In
Line with text".

TIA

Paddy

I'll assume this is Word 2003 or earlier, since the right-click menu in Word
2007 does contain Text Wrapping command and the Format Picture command.

When the picture is selected, you should see the Picture toolbar, which has a
Text Wrapping button. If the toolbar isn't visible, you can click View
Toolbars Picture to get it open.

Or you can click the Format menu and choose Picture at the bottom, then click
the Layout tab.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paddy[_2_] Paddy[_2_] is offline

Jay Freedman wrote:

I'll assume this is Word 2003 or earlier, since the right-click menu
in Word 2007 does contain Text Wrapping command and the Format
Picture command.

When the picture is selected, you should see the Picture toolbar,
which has a Text Wrapping button. If the toolbar isn't visible, you
can click View Toolbars Picture to get it open.

Or you can click the Format menu and choose Picture at the bottom,
then click the Layout tab.

Sorry Jay - should have mentioned. This is Word 2007, of Office 2007
Ultimate.

I just found noticed that above the ribbon, right-hand end, "Table Tools"
are shown; however, when the picture within the table is selected (in line
with text), a further "Picture Tools" tab appears. Picture layout options
are available there.

See attached screenshot. Thanks for inspiring me to have a closer look!

Paddy