Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
00KobeBrian 00KobeBrian is offline

Default mailmerge to access97

I am using word 97 and set the data source to a query in an access 97 mdb.
However I found after I click the abc button, it won't refresh the data from
mdb. I have to set the data source again in order to refresh. Does anyone
know if there is a refresh button in the mail merge or something similar
function? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi 00KobeBrian,

I am using word 97 and set the data source to a query in an access 97 mdb.
However I found after I click the abc button, it won't refresh the data from
mdb. I have to set the data source again in order to refresh. Does anyone
know if there is a refresh button in the mail merge or something similar
function?

As I recall (it's been a while!), this was (and in some circumstances still is)
a problem in Word 97. Closing and re-opening the document might help, but I'm
not sure that would be any faster.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org