Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Default Pasting graphic into table - problem

I have Word 2007. I used Ctrl+V to paste a graphic into a table
cell. Thereafter,I could NOT click and get the picture frame and
handles for that graphic. Nor could I delete the graphic. (Finally, we
used "convert to text" and then it responded as usual, with handles, etc.)

Afterwards I experimented with Paste Special and found that some
formats (JPEG, GIF, e.g.) worked fine when pasted into a table cell and
some (HTML and one or two more) did not. All the formats worked just
fine if pasted into the document as long as it was not a table cell.

Is there a default format when one uses Ctrl+V to paste a graphic?
Is it the last paste format that was used?

Is this the way it's supposed to be? I was very frustrated not to be
able to deal with the pasted graphic in any way whatsoever.

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To help grab graphics that are otherwise hard to select, you can use the
Select Object tool (Home tab, Editing section, Select - Select Objects).

The default pasting (and insertion) format for most graphics can be chosen
in Word's options. Office button - Word Options - Advanced tab - Cut, copy,
and paste section - Insert/paste pictures as: Set it to whatever default
best serves your needs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"djprius" wrote in message
I have Word 2007. I used Ctrl+V to paste a graphic into a table cell.
Thereafter,I could NOT click and get the picture frame and handles for
that graphic. Nor could I delete the graphic. (Finally, we used "convert
to text" and then it responded as usual, with handles, etc.)

Afterwards I experimented with Paste Special and found that some formats
(JPEG, GIF, e.g.) worked fine when pasted into a table cell and some (HTML
and one or two more) did not. All the formats worked just fine if pasted
into the document as long as it was not a table cell.

Is there a default format when one uses Ctrl+V to paste a graphic? Is it
the last paste format that was used?

Is this the way it's supposed to be? I was very frustrated not to be
able to deal with the pasted graphic in any way whatsoever.

David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Herb,

To help grab graphics that are otherwise hard to select, you can use the
Select Object tool (Home tab, Editing section, Select - Select Objects).

Thank you. That restored the 'frame' and handles.

David