Stuck up north

Default Cliche auto corrects to having and 'accent' over the letter 'e'

My surname happens to be Cliche.
Everytime I draft a letter WORD autocorrects my entry and includes an accent
mark on the 'e'. I do not wish to dissable the autocorrect function.
How do I remove the word cliche (with the accent on the 'e') from the
general dictionary so I can then add it without the accent in my personal
dictionary?
garfield-n-odie

To make Word stop autocorrecting your name when you type it, click on Tools |
AutoCorrect Options | Autocorrect tab, scroll down the list of autocorrect
entries until you get to the one for "cliche", click on it once to select it,
and click on Delete to delete it from the list. To make Word stop putting a
squiggly red line under your name to indicate a misspelled word, you can add
your name to Word's custom dictionary.

"Stuck up north" wrote:

My surname happens to be Cliche.
Everytime I draft a letter WORD autocorrects my entry and includes an accent
mark on the 'e'. I do not wish to dissable the autocorrect function.
How do I remove the word cliche (with the accent on the 'e') from the
general dictionary so I can then add it without the accent in my personal
dictionary?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jaartee

Go to " Tools | Autocorrect Options | Autocorrect tab ". Type in " cliche "
in the box labeled " Replace ". The word, with its autocorrect, will come
up. Delete them.