Pat

Default PRINT A LIST OF FILES IN A FOLDER

I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder. Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to locate a
file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of you.
--
Thanks, Pat
Joe McGuire

Yyou can use the PrntScrn button to copy a full screen (or Alt-PrntScrn to
copy a window only) and paste in into Paint (Start, Programs, Accessories,
Paint) but the results can be iffy, particularly if your directory extends
beyond a screen. You may want to look at www.download.com for a freeware
program called DirPrinting. It allows you to print lists of folders -- and
it's free. I have used it successfully.

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder.
Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to locate
file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of you.
--
Thanks, Pat

limited computer knowledge

Suzanne,
Does that Print Document List work using Outlook 2003? I can't seem to get
it to work, it would be nice. Any suggestions?
That way I won't have to download anything since this is my work computer.

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder.

Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to locate

file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of you.
--
Thanks, Pat

I don't know; I've never tried it. You might query the author of the
article.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm and the

Printfolders
utility at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder.

Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to

locate
file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of

you.
--
Thanks, Pat

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I did it in Outlook 2000 at work and it's pretty sweet. Haven't tried at
home where I do have Outlook 2003.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm and the
Printfolders
utility at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

so
all may benefit.

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder.

Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to
locate

file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of you.
--
Thanks, Pat

Amedee Van Gasse

In , Pat told us an
interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder.
Having 1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a
challenge to locate a file. Having a footer only works if you have
the file in front of you.

At the command prompt, type:

dir /S /-P c:\dir.txt

This will create a text file with all files&folders of the current
directory.

type:

cd directoryname

to change directories.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

JoAnn or Suzanne:
Did you find an answer to this using Outlook 2003?

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a folder.
Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to
locate
file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of you.
--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No, because I'm running Outlook 2007 on my main computer.

Try this:
http://www.ahinc.com/outlookfax.htm#...t%20of%20Files
See if that works.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/PrintDocList.htm and the
Printfolders
utility at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a
folder.
Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to
locate
file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of
you.
--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It appears that function was removed from Outlook 2003. sorry.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to print and keep a list of files contained in a
folder.
Having
1000's of files stored in 100's of folders makes it a challenge to
locate
file. Having a footer only works if you have the file in front of
you.
--
Thanks, Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sedona Sedona is offline

I can't find this program on www.download.com. Could you be more specific
about finding DirPrinting. I have a Toshiba and preSc does not work. I am
having to move a lot of documents from one user folder to the one they are
supposed to be in. Thanks, Sedona