josie

Default How do I flip a document

A document was created on Word using a table format. The document was saved
vertically versus the "normal' display. The tool bar icons that show
bullets, centering , numbers, is all displayed in a vertical manner. i am
unable to turn the document to read, I can type in it and read it with my
head tilted!

Help!

It sounds as if the text is rotated in your table (using Format | Text
Direction). When you do this, Word does rotate the button images to reflect
the results of formatting options in the rotated text (I agree it's
disconcerting. You can solve this problem (sort of) by viewing the table
(not to scale) in Normal view.