Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Tracey is offline

Default how can I keep my header from greying out

I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tracey" wrote in message
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tracey" wrote in message
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It only appears greyed out on the computer, not when printed.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tracey" wrote in message
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Switch to print preview?

"Tracey" wrote in message
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] abby12rocks@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Tracey wrote:
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

I need help with this too... I did it once and it wasn't grey, it was black. Hmmm. I don't need to print this paper out, I just need to email it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:02:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Tracey wrote:

I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

I need help with this too... I did it once and it wasn't grey, it was black. Hmmm. I don't need to print this paper out, I just need to email it.

Whichever part you're working on, the body of the text or the heading, is
black, the other is gray. It would be better to print a pdf and mail that
to you recipient; if you're sending the Word file so that they can work on
it, they will be familiar with the gray/black distinction.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] apgraybill@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Tracey wrote:
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

https://www.howtogeek.com/240018/how...ading-in-word/

disable the field shading sorry it's 7 years too late but might help someone else in the future.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] nintendocereal@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Tracey wrote:
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

Unbelievably ****ing stupid that there's no way to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mathsactive499@gmail.com is offline

Sorry...i didn't work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] mathsactive499@gmail.com is offline

Sorry...it didn't work for me
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mallory S Mallory S is offline

On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 12:49:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Tracey wrote:
I do not want my header to 'grey' when I am finished editing it. Is there a
way to do this?

Thanks

https://www.howtogeek.com/240018/how...ading-in-word/

disable the field shading sorry it's 7 years too late but might help someone else in the future.

It's still not working- this is also 3 years too late

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Damian B Damian B is offline

Classic internet here from someone whose job title/stature is bigger than the response... "no'.

Just came here to find an answer and no I see other's helpfully responding, not just DISMISSING.

On Sunday, 14 March 2010 at 17:33:44 UTC, Stefan Blom wrote:
No.
--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP