Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Can I get Word 2007 to remember the View for each document?

Is there any way to get Word 2007 to remember the "View settings" for
each document and always open that document with the same settings?

The settings I care most about are View (Print Layout, Draft,
Outline), Zoom (100%, page width), Document Map (on/off), and the size
and location of the window on the screen.

I use different View settings for different documents, but I tend to
use the same settings for the same document. As it is now, Word opens
each document with the same settings as the last document opened (I
think).

I would also like this to apply to templates. That is, all documents
based on a template open with those settings unless I change them.

Thanks

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure to check the "Allow opening in Draft view" option (Office button |
Word Options, Advanced section). Then the view type (at least Print Layout,
Draft, or Outline) and zoom ratio should be preserved as you save and close
documents.

To set the zoom level for a template, open it as a file (via the Open dialog
box) and make the change there.

For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm.

--
Stefan Blom