Jay Freedman

Default How to get an information that was changed before the last save ?

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:59:17 -0800, "Ronynor"
wrote:

Hi All,
I have changed the content of a file by mistake and on exit I said yes to
the "do you want to save changes".
Is there a way to get the data before the last save action?

Thank you

If you had the "Always create backup copy" option turned on in Tools
Options Save *before* you did this, there would be a file named
"Backup of XYZ.wbk" in the same folder, containing the document as it
was before the save.

If the document was still open, you could use Undo even after the
save. Since you were exiting Word, that isn't available to you.

If the backup option wasn't turned on, then there isn't any way to get
the previous data back after Word is closed.

See http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm for some things
that will help to prevent another disaster.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman