sarah

Default altering part of an image

I am trying to alter an image by colouring in the centre of it white (to
essentially eliminate it). I only have Microsoft word to work with. Is it
possible??
CyberTaz

Hi Sarah-

It depends on which version of Word as well as the nature of the image as to
how successfully/whether you can do this.

Select the image and display the Picture Toolbar if it isn't already on
screen. The second button from the right should be the Set Transparent Color
button. You can click it, then click the color in the image you want to set
to transparent.

Keep in mind that _anywhere_ the color is used in the image will become
transparent, so this usually doesn't work out too well in photos. Artwork
consisting of solid color areas works best (like logos, clipart, etc.).

Good Luck |:)