Sharon Roffey

Default Keyboard command to remove text highlighted with the highlighter p

Does such a keyboard command exist?

Thanks,

Sharon

garfield-n-odie

There isn't a built-in keyboard shortcut for this, but you can
create a macro to remove the highlight from selected text, and
assign the macro to the keyboard shortcut of your choice. The
macro might look like:

Sub DeleteHighlightMacro()
Selection.Range.HighlightColorIndex = wdNoHighlight
End Sub

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm for
more information.

Sharon Roffey wrote:

Does such a keyboard command exist?

Thanks,

Sharon

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:09:02 -0800, "Sharon Roffey"
wrote:

Does such a keyboard command exist?

Thanks,

Sharon

No, there is no single keyboard command. You have to use the Replace
dialog.

In the dialog, click the More button. Click in the Find What box.
Click the Format button and select Highlight from the menu that
appears. Then click the Replace All button.

You can record this operation and assign the resulting macro to a
keyboard shortcut. See these articles for instructions:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ngRecorder.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Sharon Roffey

Default Keyboard command to remove text highlighted with the highlight

Thanks Jay,

That's the procedure I've been using but I was really hoping there might be
a buried "Select All" plus keyboard manipulation. Guess there's a good reason
why not.

All the best,

Sharon

wrote:

Does such a keyboard command exist?

Thanks,

Sharon

No, there is no single keyboard command. You have to use the Replace
dialog.

In the dialog, click the More button. Click in the Find What box.
Click the Format button and select Highlight from the menu that
appears. Then click the Replace All button.

You can record this operation and assign the resulting macro to a
keyboard shortcut. See these articles for instructions:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ngRecorder.htm
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

There is a sort of Select All. In the Find dialog (not in Replace), there's
a check box for "Highlight all items found." Using this, you can search for
highlighted text and, for example, change the color of the highlight (which
you *can't* do with the Replace dialog).

news