redmars1

Default I wish I could lock the point on the screen where typed content ap

When people used a typewriter the paper moved up automatically and the typist
kept looking at the same point. With MsWord as I type the word move down the
page and I have to move the page upto to top so I do not get a crook neck!

It would be great if MsWord let me set a point on the vertical sidebar where
all typing appeared and it moved the page up automatically, so it was like
typing on a typewriter. This would increase people's typing speed as well as
they would not have to stop and scroll the typing point up to the top of the
screen again

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Anne Troy

Have you considered repositioning your monitor instead? Your monitor should
be placed nicely in front of you. Lots of people put their dictionary under
it.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"redmars1" wrote in message
When people used a typewriter the paper moved up automatically and the
typist
kept looking at the same point. With MsWord as I type the word move down
the
page and I have to move the page upto to top so I do not get a crook neck!

It would be great if MsWord let me set a point on the vertical sidebar
where
all typing appeared and it moved the page up automatically, so it was like
typing on a typewriter. This would increase people's typing speed as well
as
they would not have to stop and scroll the typing point up to the top of
the
screen again

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

I don't think the position of the monitor is really relevant here. What
really gives people neck problems is having the monitor too high if they're
wearing bifocals and have to tilt the head back to look through the bottom
part of the lense. But I think the OP's suggestion is a valid one; it seems
to me that earlier versions of Word did a better job of scrolling the screen
up before you got to the very bottom. I find it really annoying that I have
to type a line of text at the very bottom of the screen (often only half
displayed) before Word scrolls up.

"redmars1" wrote in message
When people used a typewriter the paper moved up automatically and the
typist
kept looking at the same point. With MsWord as I type the word move down
the
page and I have to move the page upto to top so I do not get a crook

neck!

It would be great if MsWord let me set a point on the vertical sidebar
where
all typing appeared and it moved the page up automatically, so it was

like
typing on a typewriter. This would increase people's typing speed as

well
as
they would not have to stop and scroll the typing point up to the top of
the
screen again

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the

"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Anne Troy

Ah. At my computer is about the only time I DON'T have to wear glasses.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't think the position of the monitor is really relevant here. What
really gives people neck problems is having the monitor too high if
they're
wearing bifocals and have to tilt the head back to look through the bottom
part of the lense. But I think the OP's suggestion is a valid one; it
seems
to me that earlier versions of Word did a better job of scrolling the
screen
up before you got to the very bottom. I find it really annoying that I
have
to type a line of text at the very bottom of the screen (often only half
displayed) before Word scrolls up.

so
all may benefit.

"redmars1" wrote in message
[...]

I wish I could see that far. I've always thought my quality of life would
have been greatly improved if my vision at least extended to a comfortable
reading distance. OTOH, at least I can still take off my glasses and see
(fairly) close while everyone else my age is hauling out a magnifying glass!

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"redmars1" wrote in message
[...]

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow