MT

Default page numbering

how do I insert 2 page numbers on each A4 sheet? I have split the page into 2
columns as I want to produce a pack of numbered A5 sheets.
Thanks
MT
Carmen

Have you tried printing two pages per sheet?

Just use the usual A4 size to create your pages, and when you got to print,
choose the option to print 2 pages per sheet. It will then put 2 pages on
each printed A4 page, so they are printed in A5 size

Hope that helps

"MT" wrote:

how do I insert 2 page numbers on each A4 sheet? I have split the page into 2
columns as I want to produce a pack of numbered A5 sheets.
Thanks
MT

MT

Thanks for your response Carmen - I have managed to get 2 sheets per page,
but haven't cracked the numbering. All my sheets are the same, but I want 500
numbered copies - I don't want to have to copy the page 250 times! I would
like to set the computer to print the same page but number them consecutively
to 500. Can I do that??
MT

See these articles:

Sequentially numbering multiple copies of single document using a macro
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...piesOf1Doc.htm

Sequentially numbering multiple copies of single document using a mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...fDocMMerge.htm

"MT" wrote in message
Thanks for your response Carmen - I have managed to get 2 sheets per page,
but haven't cracked the numbering. All my sheets are the same, but I want

500
numbered copies - I don't want to have to copy the page 250 times! I would
like to set the computer to print the same page but number them

consecutively
to 500. Can I do that??
MT

macropod

Hi MT,

Try these steps:
1. insert a two-column table into your document footer
2. In the left cell, press Ctrl-F9 twice to create a pair of nested fields.
They should look like:
{ { } }
3. Fill in between the cells, so that you get a result that looks like:
{={PAGE}*2-1}
4. Repeat step 2 in the right cell
5. Fill in between the cells, so that you get a result that looks like:
{={PAGE}*2}
6. Select the whole table and press F9 to update the fields - they should
now show some pseudo page numbers.
7. Adjust the table cell formatting to suit your requirements

Cheers

"MT" wrote in message
how do I insert 2 page numbers on each A4 sheet? I have split the page

into 2
columns as I want to produce a pack of numbered A5 sheets.
Thanks
MT

MT

thanks a bunch - that worked a treat!