Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
question question is offline

Default how do I apply las vegas text effect

I'm doing a project for my homework and I'm asked to use 26pt font and style
of my choice and apply the las vegas lights text effect.
I do rememember seeing the las vegas but I do not remember how to do it?
Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're in a version of Word prior to 2007
Format=Font=Text Effects

The feature is no longer included in Word 2007.

=========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
If you're in a version of Word prior to 2007
Format=Font=Text Effects

The feature is no longer included in Word 2007.

Interestingly, Text Effects is still available in the Object Model even
though it was removed from the dialog box in Word 2007 so if someone really
wants to give someone convulsions with a document that shimmers or blinks
they can. Personally, I'm all for its complete removal. grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Beth,

I found it interesting that they could animate the text in Word but not GIFs

I received a document with a table showing sales and profits, where all of the negative numbers were formatted with the marching red
ants effect.

If you bring into Word 2007 a document or template that has a style or text that includes the text effects, the ants can continue
to march in Word 2007 as well I assumed that since it still works via old documents that it would be possible to use VBA to 'add
a feature' to Word for it. The Office Open XML document model includes the text effect features, along with a whole lot of pages
to document each of the pre-existing 170+ border-art types in Word, but they didn't include in that spec the ability to use your own
pictures still.

But if you add a global template via Alt, T, I a Word 2003 template that has a custom toolbar with character styles to apply the
text effects, the styles will appear in the Add-ins tab but won't work due to the way style travel vs toolbars, but if you create a
document from a template or a .docm file that has those styles in it the toolbar will work as well as it can find the styles