Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Albert Albert is offline

Default Track Changes - Balloons on Insertion

I am using Word 2003 SP2 and make a lot of use of Track Changes to assist in
checking documents for an overseas colleague.

When I delete or format something, the balloon appears at the right and is
very useful.

When I insert something, no balloon appears and so it is very easy for my
colleague to miss an insertion of a something small, like an added space
between words. The only way I can highlight the insertion is to add a
comment which is messy.

Looking at the Help, I find a reference which suggests that insertions
should also produce a balloon, so how can I enable this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Albert Albert is offline

"Albert" wrote in message

Looking at the Help, I find a reference which suggests that insertions
should also produce a balloon, so how can I enable this please?

I forgot to mention - I have 'Always' selected for Balloons in
Tools/Options

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you are in Final Showing Markup view, deletions are in balloons and
insertions in the text (you can format them as colored and underlined). When
you are in Original Showing Markup view, deletions are in the text
(struckthrough if you desire) and insertions in balloons.

"Albert" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 SP2 and make a lot of use of Track Changes to assist

in
checking documents for an overseas colleague.

When I delete or format something, the balloon appears at the right and is
very useful.

When I insert something, no balloon appears and so it is very easy for my
colleague to miss an insertion of a something small, like an added space
between words. The only way I can highlight the insertion is to add a
comment which is messy.

Looking at the Help, I find a reference which suggests that insertions
should also produce a balloon, so how can I enable this please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Albert Albert is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
When you are in Final Showing Markup view, deletions are in balloons and
insertions in the text (you can format them as colored and underlined).
When
you are in Original Showing Markup view, deletions are in the text
(struckthrough if you desire) and insertions in balloons.

Many thanks Suzanne, that is very helpful.