Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff B Jeff B is offline

Default symbol before each sentence in some e-mails

There are symbols in front of each sentence in some e-mails I receive. Can
I copy the whole email to Ms Word and get rid of them in 1 action?
Jeff B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:16:00 -0700, Jeff B
wrote:

There are symbols in front of each sentence in some e-mails I receive. Can
I copy the whole email to Ms Word and get rid of them in 1 action?
Jeff B

You can use the Replace dialog. In the Find What box, enter

^p

and in the Replace With box type one space character (press the
spacebar once). Then click the Replace All button.

That will leave the first character, because it doesn't follow a
paragraph mark (which is what the ^p code searches for). You'll
probably also want to remove the extra paragraph marks at the ends of
lines that aren't really the last line of a paragraph. For
instructions on how to deal with this, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David Horowitz David Horowitz is offline

You could use Find/Replace to replace " " with "". If you needed to
automate this process, you could do the Find/Replace with VBA. You might
record the macro to do exactly that, in which case you wouldn't need to
become a full-fledged VBA developer.
"Jeff B" wrote in message
There are symbols in front of each sentence in some e-mails I receive.
Can
I copy the whole email to Ms Word and get rid of them in 1 action?
Jeff B

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See also the stripmail utility at http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

Jeff B wrote:
There are symbols in front of each sentence in some e-mails I
receive. Can I copy the whole email to Ms Word and get rid of them in
1 action?
Jeff B

How to use single line w/i sentence and double line b/w sentence? Hey Microsoft Word Help 1 June 13th 07 11:46 PM
e mails karelyn Microsoft Word Help 2 August 30th 06 05:38 PM
end sentence with number, need next sentence to auto capitilize rrupp Microsoft Word Help 2 May 17th 06 03:27 PM
Odd "white space" indent in front of sentence instead of a tab symbol (converted WP docs) Dave New Users 5 July 22nd 05 03:54 PM
Break a sentence in Hebrew (r-l), end sentence wraps to next line MJD Microsoft Word Help 0 May 24th 05 05:30 PM