Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
khagler khagler is offline

Default No computer with no floppy drive - Word 2.0 install only by floppi

I recently purchased a new computer. I had Word 2.0 way back in the
80's, then upgraded to Word 97 in the 90's and then Word 2000 several
years ago. I tried to install the Word 2000 software but because it was
an upgrade version, it wants to find a previous version on my harddrive.
I tried the 97 CD and it too wants to find an older version. Problem
is that I have no 3.5 floppy disk on this computer and the old software
from Word 2.0 is only on 3.5 disks. Do you have suggestions on how I
can install Word 2000 on this new computer?
Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
Kory Hagler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

Khagler,
Insert the Word 2000 CD in your reader, begin the install. When you are
asked for the previous disk, remove the Word 2000 CD and insert the 97 CD.
It will recognize it, and then replace the 97 CD with the 2000 and continue.
Alternatively, download and install OpenOffice.org. It's free:
http://www.openoffice.org
"khagler" wrote in message
I recently purchased a new computer. I had Word 2.0 way back in the
80's, then upgraded to Word 97 in the 90's and then Word 2000 several
years ago. I tried to install the Word 2000 software but because it was
an upgrade version, it wants to find a previous version on my harddrive.
I tried the 97 CD and it too wants to find an older version. Problem
is that I have no 3.5 floppy disk on this computer and the old software
from Word 2.0 is only on 3.5 disks. Do you have suggestions on how I
can install Word 2000 on this new computer?
Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
Kory Hagler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?a2hhZ2xlcg==?=,

I recently purchased a new computer. I had Word 2.0 way back in the
80's, then upgraded to Word 97 in the 90's and then Word 2000 several
years ago. I tried to install the Word 2000 software but because it was
an upgrade version, it wants to find a previous version on my harddrive.
I tried the 97 CD and it too wants to find an older version. Problem
is that I have no 3.5 floppy disk on this computer and the old software
from Word 2.0 is only on 3.5 disks. Do you have suggestions on how I
can install Word 2000 on this new computer?

Do you know anyone with a floppy drive? Could they burn the contents of the
floppies to a CD for you? Then you could copy the CD to a folder and point
setup to that.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org