Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] slj1111@gmail.com is offline

Default Word 2003: TOC: page numbers repeating

A few of us have encountered a strange problem when opening a Word doc
sent via email. Others don't experience the problem. We're all using
Word and Outlook 2003.

When some open a Word doc, the TOC displays repeating numbers. For
example if there are five items on five pages (page 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
all five items will display as page 1 (page 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) or another
repeating number. However when the document is saved to the computer
and opened, or if it's printed, there is no issue.

Does anyone know what's going on? I've spent a while Googling the
problem with no success.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The problem is most likely related to opening the document in Reading Layout.
See this thread:
http://tinyurl.com/3548pc

--
Regards