VA-boy

Default Envelopes & Labels should allow one 2 change printer on fly

In Word the pop up window 'Envelopes and Labels' should allow me to choose
the printer as I go and have a default printer set for all labels and
envelopes. As you may know envelopes and labels should not be run through
laser printers due to the heat causing the adhesive to stick to the inside of
your laser and shorten it's life span. I even have a seperate tray that I use
just for envelopes in my ink jet. That's why I have both a laser (for normal
printing) and a ink jet (for labels and envelopes). In order to switch to my
ink jet now I have have to go to printers reset the default printer to my ink
jet then go to the envelopes and labels to print my envelope. I can't do this
on the fly and I can't set a default for all envelopes or all labels.

I have heard this problem from other people (admin assistants and
secretaries) before. Anyone who prints alot of labels and envelopes would
love this! This should have been addressed long ago.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

CyberTaz

Hello-

I don't really disagree with the suggestion, but by the same token it
doesn't have to be as problematic as changing your default printer. Both the
Letters & Envelopes feature and Mail Merge to Labels & Envelopes allow
sending to a document first. Then you can print using the Print dialog box
and select the target printer there. Still a bit round-about, but far more
direct than swapping default printers repeatedly.

Regards |:)

"VA-boy" wrote:

[...]

Graham Mayor

The simplest plan is to add a printers toolbar to enable one click selection
of the printer - the method is shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

VA-boy wrote:
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
N. Stair

I totally agree. When you select the printer for labels in the label wizard,
the selection should take you into a 'Select this printer as default' or
'Select this printer for this label document only'. It is much too clumsy to
have to select the printer tray every time you print a label document.

"VA-boy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm will demonstrate a method of
managing several printers.

"VA-boy" wrote:

[...]

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,