Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lindapitch

Default Stop making first letter of each line a capital

How do I stop making the first letter of each line a capital letter???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Lindapitch wrote:
How do I stop making the first letter of each line a capital letter???

When you press Enter at the end of a line, it makes a new paragraph, so Word
assumes that the next character begins a new sentence. If you don't really
mean to start a new paragraph, then don't press Enter. Just let Word wrap
the text naturally.

If you're making a list where you do want a new paragraph for each line, but
you don't want it capitalized, then go to Tools AutoCorrect Options and
uncheck "Capitalize first letter of sentences".

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm for more help.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Linda - go to "Tools" "Autocorrect Options" and unclick "Capitalize First
Letter of Sentence." Make sure you click "ok"

How do I stop making the first letter of each line a capital letter???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Linda, go to "Tools" then "Autocorrect" then unclick "Capitolize first
letter" then click "ok"

Good luck

How do I stop making the first letter of each line a capital letter???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See Jay Freedman's response. It is important in answering questions to look
at what is happening behind the question. Your solution answers the question
but doesn't really help the questioner.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.