Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Russ M.

Default How do I change DEFAULT margins for 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 paper?

I only use 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 paper for brief thank you notes on preprinted card
stock.

Currently - I open up a new document and using "page set-up" select 5 1/2 x
8 1/2 paper (easy to do)

Then I have to change the default margins that come up and select the right
paper tray. This is a real pain and I have to keep looking for the piece of
paper that I jotted down the margins on or try to remember where in Notes in
put same information. Mostly I just play around with the margins for the
100th time and wing it! Aaaaaargh!

How can I change the DEFAULT margins related to the 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 paper size
? Then they would come up the same everytime I wanted to send a thank you
note.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

I would not change the default because doing so could have unintended
consequences, unless you also type labels and envelopes and contracts on
5-1/2 x 8-1/2 paper. Save your thank you note as a custom document template.
Then use File New to create new documents based on it. You could also put
a shortcut to that template on your desktop or in your Start menu. For more
on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and
locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Russ M." Russ wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Russ M.

Thanks

Got a template set-up and put a shortcut to the template on the start menu.

Russ