Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FemmeFilmmaker FemmeFilmmaker is offline

Default Hyperlink in Footers

I have been attempting to put a hyperlink in the footers, but whenever I save
it as a pdf file, the links do not work.

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2 on a Dell laptop
running Windows XP Pro.

What steps do I need to take in order to get the hyperlinks to work in the
final pdf document?

Thanks in advance!

Kat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Kat

FemmeFilmmaker wrote:
I have been attempting to put a hyperlink in the footers, but whenever I save
it as a pdf file, the links do not work.

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003 (11.8134.8132) SP2 on a Dell laptop
running Windows XP Pro.

What steps do I need to take in order to get the hyperlinks to work in the
final pdf document?

What tool/printer driver are you using to create the PDF?

You cannot click on a hyperlink in a footer in Word itself unless you
are in View | H&F, so depending on the mechanism, I could understand why
it doesn't work in the PDF.

That said, if the hyperlink starts with an "http://...", I remember
there are PDF viewers who recognize this as a hyperlink by themselves in
a PDF with no interactive "markup" at all.

..2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS