Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Fletchen Fletchen is offline

Default removing doc's in the Office button doc. screen

Word still shows documents in the Office button 'Recent Documents' screen
that have been deleted. How do I get rid of those?
Can't find anything in 'help' -hah!- no right click except the ribbon options.
Any help, please.
Thanx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is Word 2002 or 2003, you can delete them from the task pane by
deleting them from the File menu. Do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen and
then clicking on the one to be removed (be careful: this shortcut will
remove *any* menu item). If this is Word 2007, another method is required.

http://word.mvps.org

"Fletchen" wrote in message
Word still shows documents in the Office button 'Recent Documents' screen
that have been deleted. How do I get rid of those?
Can't find anything in 'help' -hah!- no right click except the ribbon
options.
Any help, please.
Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:16:07 -0800, Fletchen
wrote:

Word still shows documents in the Office button 'Recent Documents' screen
that have been deleted. How do I get rid of those?
Can't find anything in 'help' -hah!- no right click except the ribbon options.
Any help, please.
Thanx

If you want to wipe out the whole list and start over, go to Office button
Word Options Advanced Display and change the number of recent documents to
zero; click ok; go back to the same place and set the number back to the
original value.

To remove individual file names from the list, download the Recently Used Files
Editor from http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0