twurzer

Default Problems pasting Excel worksheet into Word

I have an 11 column worksheet with a graph in Excel that I am trying to paste
into Word, but when I "paste special" as a picture (windows metafile or
enhanced metafile) the last two columns always get cut off, even when I
re-size the picture after pasting. How can I get the whole thing into Word
as a picture?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dHd1cnplcg==?=,

Version of Office?

I have an 11 column worksheet with a graph in Excel that I am trying to paste
into Word, but when I "paste special" as a picture (windows metafile or
enhanced metafile) the last two columns always get cut off, even when I
re-size the picture after pasting. How can I get the whole thing into Word
as a picture?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

twurzer

I was running the small business edition of Office 2000, and had this
problem. I recently upgraded Word to MS Word 2003, but am still using the
Excel verioin from Office 2000 small business.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?dHd1cnplcg==?=,

Version of Office?

I have an 11 column worksheet with a graph in Excel that I am trying to paste
into Word, but when I "paste special" as a picture (windows metafile or
enhanced metafile) the last two columns always get cut off, even when I
re-size the picture after pasting. How can I get the whole thing into Word
as a picture?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?dHd1cnplcg==?=,

I was running the small business edition of Office 2000, and had this
problem. I recently upgraded Word to MS Word 2003, but am still using the
Excel verioin from Office 2000 small business.

Any particular reason why you're using Word 2003, but still Excel 2000?

What you describe sounds like a general problem older versions of Office have with
Excel OLE objects. I'm not quite certain what you need, in what format, in the Word
document. But if the table is just "for show" (you don't need to edit it from within
Word), then see if this helps:

- select the range of cells in Excel (first, make sure the columns are narrow enough
to fit easily on one page)
- hold the SHIFT key, click on the Edit menu, choose "Picture"
- in Word, Edit/Paste Special and choose a picture format (try various formats, one
might give a better result than another)

I have an 11 column worksheet with a graph in Excel that I am trying to paste
into Word, but when I "paste special" as a picture (windows metafile or
enhanced metafile) the last two columns always get cut off, even when I
re-size the picture after pasting. How can I get the whole thing into Word
as a picture?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)