No Spam Please

Default Why is the header/footer sometimes missing?

Hi,

I have Word 2003.

I have two documents that I've inserted the same header/footer. On one, I
can't see either the header/footer at all. But when I look at print preview,
I see the header/footer perfectly (and it prints that way). The
header/footer is the same on each page.

But on another document, I can see it just fine using the Normal view.

Any idea what causes this change? It's driving me crazy.

Thanks.
Daiya Mitchell

See he

http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm

Please do not confuse the regular view (like what a page looks like) with
what Word calls Normal View. That is a technical term hereabouts, and it
will lead to confusion. You meant Page Layout View, I assume (because Normal
View never shows header/footers).

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

No Spam Please

Thanks for the reply and link.

Unfortunately, I still have a problem.

On the document that's NOT showing either the header/footer, when I go to
"Tools, Options" the option that reads, "White space between pages (Print
View only)" is actually MUTED so I can't select/deselect it.

I assume there's something odd with this document. Can anybody help? Thanks.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

[...]

Charles Kenyon

Chances are, you are in _normal_ view rather than print view. White space as
well as headers/footers won't show up there! Normal view should probably be
called _draft_ or _fast_ view because there's nothing particularly normal
about it. It is probably the original (Word 2.0) view.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Daiya Mitchell

On 2/9/05 4:36 PM, "Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Chances are, you are in _normal_ view rather than print view. White space as
well as headers/footers won't show up there! Normal view should probably be
called _draft_ or _fast_ view because there's nothing particularly normal
about it. It is probably the original (Word 2.0) view.

It is what is "normal" to Word. Very representative of how Word "thinks."