Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

Default Show PILCROW Symbol in StyleRef field

Has anyone ever achieved this - inserting a pilcrow symbol in a styleref
code?
I've used the ALT and shortcut keys and a graphic and nothing works?

Any ideas anyone?

Janine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you actually looking for a pilcrow symbol or a paragraph break? How are
you wanting to use it?

http://word.mvps.org

"Janine" wrote in message
Has anyone ever achieved this - inserting a pilcrow symbol in a styleref
code?
I've used the ALT and shortcut keys and a graphic and nothing works?

Any ideas anyone?

Janine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

Hi Suzanne

I want to use styleref code in a hdr using heading 1 or 2

1. ABC Pilcrow Symbol

It does not acknowledge pilcrow symbol - is okay with other symbols. This goes back to 97 that I can see same issue - no resolution?

Janine

"Janine" wrote in message
Has anyone ever achieved this - inserting a pilcrow symbol in a styleref
code?
I've used the ALT and shortcut keys and a graphic and nothing works?

Any ideas anyone?

Janine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You still haven't explained why you want the pilcrow symbol. If you want a
paragraph break, just press Enter. But note that you'll need two StyleRef
fields if you want to pick up two different styles. Perhaps the paragraph
break is meant to go between them?

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne

"Janine" wrote in message
Has anyone ever achieved this - inserting a pilcrow symbol in a styleref
code?
I've used the ALT and shortcut keys and a graphic and nothing works?

Any ideas anyone?

Janine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janine Janine is offline

I want the PILCROW Symbol included in the heading (nothing to do with
paragraph Pilcrow).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You still haven't explained why you want the pilcrow symbol. If you want a
paragraph break, just press Enter. But note that you'll need two StyleRef
fields if you want to pick up two different styles. Perhaps the paragraph
break is meant to go between them?

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne

"Janine" wrote in message
Has anyone ever achieved this - inserting a pilcrow symbol in a styleref
code?
I've used the ALT and shortcut keys and a graphic and nothing works?

Any ideas anyone?

Janine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, so you have a pilcrow symbol in the heading, and the StyleRef field is
not picking it up? Yes, I can replicate that here. Even inserting it as a
SYMBOL or QUOTE field doesn't help. Word can be very peculiar about that
character. It used not to be possible to paste it from Word into Outlook
Express (which I took to mean that it wasn't possible to copy it in Word),
but that is no longer the case. And I believe it used not to be possible to
paste it into Find; now you can, and there's also a special code for
inserting it (^v). I guess you've just run up against one of Word's
mystifying flaws.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janine" wrote in message
I want the PILCROW Symbol included in the heading (nothing to do with
paragraph Pilcrow).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You still haven't explained why you want the pilcrow symbol. If you want
a paragraph break, just press Enter. But note that you'll need two
StyleRef fields if you want to pick up two different styles. Perhaps the
paragraph break is meant to go between them?

http://word.mvps.org

news Hi Suzanne