Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedDushane TedDushane is offline

Default Reference for style management in Word, particularly the Styles

I find the bullets and numbering particulalry confusing. I can set up one
custom style using the Bullets and Numbering DB, but if I the Styles and
Formatting Task Pane makes absolutely no sense.
It appears that each level of indentation of a bullets and numbering style
is a separate style?? It is way too cumbersome to change each one separately.
Is there some more coherent way to use thie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, stable multi-level bullets or numbering is best done with styles
(one for each level). For assistance, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP