Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jayawanth Jayawanth is offline

Default Headings and Indentation

For heading 3 style in later chapters in my book the text is too close to the
heading number. e.g. 13.10.2Conclusion instead of 13.10.2 Conclusion
What parameter in Heading 3.Paragraph/Tabs style do I need to tweak?

I have tried to chang the Indentation through Tabs dialog - it works when it
is made but is all reset when I reload the document in the next editing
session. I have made sure the template is updated. What I am doing wrong and
why is word reverting to the previous Tab stops even though I clear all the
tabs and set a new tab?

Look forward to any help

Jayawanth

Jayawanth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Left, hanging, and first-line indents in numbered styles must be set in the
Numbering dialog. For outline numbering, be sure to approach this through
the top-level style. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

"Jayawanth" wrote in message
For heading 3 style in later chapters in my book the text is too close to

the
heading number. e.g. 13.10.2Conclusion instead of 13.10.2 Conclusion
What parameter in Heading 3.Paragraph/Tabs style do I need to tweak?

I have tried to chang the Indentation through Tabs dialog - it works when

it
is made but is all reset when I reload the document in the next editing
session. I have made sure the template is updated. What I am doing wrong

and
why is word reverting to the previous Tab stops even though I clear all

the
tabs and set a new tab?

Look forward to any help

Jayawanth

Jayawanth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jayawanth Jayawanth is offline

How to launch this dialog in Word 2007? Define New Number Format dialog
(accessed through Mange Style.Format.Numbering does not provide Aligned At
and Tab Space or Indent At options.