Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ibs ibs is offline

Default Move custom label definitions to another PC

Hello All,

I am unable to find where the custom label templates for office 2007 sits on
the Vista PC. All I want is to export these templates to a new XP machine.
I have tried to follow this http://www.gmayor.com/custom_labels.htm,
however it didn't help.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks
Ibs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As explained in the linked page - Word 2007 stores its custom label formats
in an xml file
If you type %appdata%\Microsoft\Office in the address bar of Explorer it
will take you directly to the folder.
I assume by your question you have Word 2007 running on a Vista OS and on a
Windows XP OS. That being the case copy the xml file from one PC to the
similar location on the other (the paths are not quite the same between
Vista and XP, but the above link will find the correct location on either.

ibs wrote:
Hello All,

I am unable to find where the custom label templates for office 2007
sits on the Vista PC. All I want is to export these templates to a
new XP machine. I have tried to follow this
http://www.gmayor.com/custom_labels.htm, however it didn't help.

Please can someone advise?

Thanks
Ibs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ibs ibs is offline

Hello Graham,

Thanks for your input. I have tried locating the .xml file on my Vista Pc
but the search did not return any result. I cant find it.

Please advise

Thanks
Ibs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you used the method I suggested to take you to directly to the required
(normally hidden) folder then do you actually have *custom* label
definitions defined? We are talking about Word 2007 and the labels created
from the Insert Label tool?

ibs wrote:
Hello Graham,

Thanks for your input. I have tried locating the .xml file on my
Vista Pc but the search did not return any result. I cant find it.

Please advise

Thanks
Ibs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ibs ibs is offline

Hi Graham,

Thank you so much for your reply again. Yes, I have found the file with your
suggested file path.

I hope this should work as normal once I copy across the file on the same
folder.

Thank you.

Ibs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It will if you use the same method to locate the folder on the other PC and
the Word versions are both 2007.