Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ludite Ludite is offline

Default hyperlink to specific page in a long PDF

In Word 2007, how can I link to a specific page in an 800 page PDF?

I can create a hyperlink, and it works to take me to the document's first
page, and I can create a single page excerpt from the pdf and go to it, but I
cannot find how to go to a specific page. (I will not be permitted to attach
800 single-page pdfs.)

Thank you for any suggestions or cites.

Very respectfully,
Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Theoretically, you can use the #page anchor. For example:
http://www.greenercars.org/GreenDrivingTips.pdf#page=2

However, this will only work for sure with http:// or https:// hyperlinks.
In case of file:// links, it depends on several aspects: your internet
browser (it works on FireFox, not on IE), your version of Acrobat (it
doesn't work in version 7), ...

A solution which will always work is the use of named destinations. However,
that implies editing your pdf file. For more information on this topic, just
do a google search.

Yves

"Ludite" wrote in message
In Word 2007, how can I link to a specific page in an 800 page PDF?

I can create a hyperlink, and it works to take me to the document's first
page, and I can create a single page excerpt from the pdf and go to it,
but I
cannot find how to go to a specific page. (I will not be permitted to
attach
800 single-page pdfs.)

Thank you for any suggestions or cites.

Very respectfully,
Larry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
taxatty taxatty is offline

Ludite wrote on 11/23/2009 07:41 ET :
In Word 2007, how can I link to a specific page in an 800 page PDF?

I can create a hyperlink, and it works to take me to the document's first
page, and I can create a single page excerpt from the pdf and go to it, but I
cannot find how to go to a specific page. (I will not be permitted to attach
800 single-page pdfs.)

Thank you for any suggestions or cites.

Very respectfully,
Larry

I have the same problem. The "#page=" works fine but then it keeps
about
the hyperlinks in my documents (usually briefs because I am a lawyer; the
links
are frequently to a huge appendix of documents in a case) and no one seems to
notice that the entire document is downloading every time. Still, it is
inefficient and I'd just like to have a command "#onlypage=" or
such.
Have you found a solution since it has been 9 mos since you posted. I will
repost here if I find something. (There are some java script solutions but,
especially in Federal Court, the IT people don't even give the judge the
choice
to run the script -- for security reasons. Still the solution should not be
that complex.)