Gary Wayne Williams Gary Wayne Williams is offline
Junior Member

Question Changing the number of columns on different pages

I am building my first Word 2007 Template and want to be able to have the first page have two columns on it and then each page after to have only one column. Is there someway to do this in the Page Layout section? The only way I have been able to do anything is to physically create the second page and then try to set the columns but this is not what I want to do since once I try to remove the second page the first one gets messed up and it is possible there will be only one page in the document when created.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Changing the number of columns on different pages

Because a change in the number of columns requires a section break, there is
no really satisfactory way to do this in Word. But if you want in the second
column on the first page is in the nature of a "header" on the side, see
http://WordFAQs.mvps.org/AnchorToHeader.htm and

http://word.mvps.org

"Gary Wayne Williams" wrote in
message ...