Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default How do I print delivery address single spaced on an envelope?

HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see to
change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve this
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Modify the formatting of the EnvelopeAddress style or use Shift+Enter
instead of Enter at the end of each line of the address.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Elaine" wrote in message
HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see
change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007 by default uses the 2007 style set. If you use the 2003 style set
you won't have this problem. For a one-off, add an envelope to a document
and change the style set to Word 2003. The spacing should be removed. For a
more permanent solution you would probably have to open the normal template
normal.dotm in Word, change the style set to 2003, type a character in the
text space and delete it. Then save and close the normal template. New
documents should then use the 2003 style set.

"Elaine" wrote in message
HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see
change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The curious thing about this, however, is that the Envelope Address style in
Word 2007, though still based on Normal, is explicitly defined as Single
spaced with no Spacing After. The reason I don't touch questions of this
sort is that I have yet to figure out how users are getting anomalous
spacing on envelopes in the circumstances (I have been unable to reproduce
the problem, whether in a native .docx or in a .doc opened in Word).

http://word.mvps.org

"Elaine" wrote in message
HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can
see to
change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I agree that is what is supposed to happen, but it doesn't always seem to
work that way in practice. In my own normal template the envelope address
style is based on normal, but has been modified and doesn't accord with
that behaviour as the Spacing parameter is missing from the style
description. I do however use a personal style set and the envelopes print
as intended. Similarly the envelope templates on my web site should display
without added space.

If you start Word in safe mode the defaults are indeed as you suggest. I
suspect that those who experience problems have made changes to those
defaults or have imported styles from a normal template of an earlier Word
version that do not accord with the Word 2007 formats, which I guess would
be most earlier templates.

"Elaine" wrote in message
HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can
see to
change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
this
problem?

Bissett Bissett is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP View Post

"Elaine" wrote in message
HELP! The default seems to be double spaced and there is no way I can see
change it. Other than hand write addresses on envelopes, how do I solve
this
problem?
THANK YOU SO MUCH. WHAT A SIMPLE FIX. Shift +Enter. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and I've been on a computer for many years.