Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jcolleye

Default Index for multiple volumes

I have a 600-page Word document which I would like to publish in two volumes.
It requires a fairly long index. I would like EACH volume to contain a
GLOBAL index which would cover both volumes (e.g. Washington: I, 72; II, 83,
65). Is this possible with Word 2002 or another Microsoft product ?

Thank you in advance !
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Yes, this is possible in Word, but not quite that way. Word has no way
to insert volume numbers automatically, so you would have to start the
page numbering in Volume II to follow the last page in Volume 1.

In each document, insert an RD field that references the other
document. Read the Help topic "Field codes: RD (Referenced Document)
field" for instructions.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:23:01 -0700, jcolleye
wrote:

I have a 600-page Word document which I would like to publish in two volumes.
It requires a fairly long index. I would like EACH volume to contain a
GLOBAL index which would cover both volumes (e.g. Washington: I, 72; II, 83,
65). Is this possible with Word 2002 or another Microsoft product ?

Thank you in advance !

kayil26582 kayil26582 is offline
Junior Member

Index for multiple volumes are different. Due to some restrictions it is clear that indexing are really different and we cannot take task from expert paper writer webpage for this purpose. But if you want to make this volume for you then you can understand these restrictions.