Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Default Keyboard shortcut for Heading 4 style?

I have been using Ctrl+Alt+1 (or 2 or 3) to quickly insert the Heading
1, 2, or 3 styles. Why does this stop with the 3rd heading? Is there a
way to insert Heading 4 or 5, from the keyboard like this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can assign your own shortcut to Heading 4. In the Modify Style dialog
box for that style, click Format, Shortcut Key and specify the desired key
combination.

If you want detailed instructions on displaying the Modify Style dialog box,
please tell us your version of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PRR" wrote in message
I have been using Ctrl+Alt+1 (or 2 or 3) to quickly insert the Heading
1, 2, or 3 styles. Why does this stop with the 3rd heading? Is there a
way to insert Heading 4 or 5, from the keyboard like this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PRR PRR is offline

Great. Got it done. Since neither of those shortcuts (Ctrl+Alt+4 and
Ctrl+Alt+5) had already been assigned, I'm wondering why MS didn't
make this default for those heading styles. Oh well.

Thanks for the tip. I see now (obviuosly) that i can make shortcuts
for any style. I'll do that for Body Text as well.

On Oct 30, 1:18*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
You can assign your own shortcut to Heading 4. In the Modify Style dialog
box for that style, click Format, Shortcut Key and specify the desired key
combination.

If you want detailed instructions on displaying the Modify Style dialog box,
please tell us your version of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad I could help. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:
You can assign your own shortcut to Heading 4. In the Modify Style dialog
box for that style, click Format, Shortcut Key and specify the desired key
combination.

If you want detailed instructions on displaying the Modify Style dialog
box,
please tell us your version of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Sw33tQT Sw33tQT is offline
Junior Member

Another tip is to use the shortcut for "promoting" or "demoting" a heading: Alt + Shift + Left/Right Arrows.

For example: If you have a heading 3 and need a heading 4, you can highlight the row and press alt+shift+rightArrow and you will have heading 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRR View Post