Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TGilboy

Default word03; "Draft" watermark; removed fm doc, can't get off pg 1; ??

This is kind of frustrating. Used "Draft" watermark, and headers and
footers. Watermark was big diagonal across entire page. Used "different 1st
page" header and footer.

Now have removed watermark from doc, but cannot get it off of page 1. When
I unclick "different 1st page" header and footer, watermark does go away on
pg 1, but that's not what I want. I do want different 1st page. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lokeshjb lokeshjb is offline

It worked for me as well. Thanks

Remember the watermark can be an image or an object as well as it was in my
case

"TGilboy" wrote:

This is kind of frustrating. Used "Draft" watermark, and headers and
footers. Watermark was big diagonal across entire page. Used "different 1st
page" header and footer.

Now have removed watermark from doc, but cannot get it off of page 1. When
I unclick "different 1st page" header and footer, watermark does go away on
pg 1, but that's not what I want. I do want different 1st page. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wayne A. Cox[_2_] Wayne A. Cox[_2_] is offline

On a similar note, I was able to remove the DRAFT watermark from all the
title page and attachments to my document. But the body of the document
still has the draft watermark. I have tried the header/footer approach, but
no joy. I am using word 2003. Any ideas??

"TGilboy" wrote in message
This is kind of frustrating. Used "Draft" watermark, and headers and
footers. Watermark was big diagonal across entire page. Used "different

1st
page" header and footer.

Now have removed watermark from doc, but cannot get it off of page 1.

When
I unclick "different 1st page" header and footer, watermark does go away

on
pg 1, but that's not what I want. I do want different 1st page. Any

ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

From your description, I'll guess that there are section breaks
between the body of the document and the other parts, and that "Same
as Previous" is turned off to allow different headers and footers in
each section. Therefore, deleting a watermark from one section has no
effect in the other sections.

You need to visit each header and each footer in every section, and
delete the watermark in every place you find it. Each section may have
up to three headers and three footers, depending on the settings of
"Different first page" and "Different odd and even" in each section.

When a header or footer is open, you can use the "Next" and "Previous"
buttons on the Header/Footer toolbar to move through the sequences.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman