Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterT PeterT is offline

Default While typing in word 2007 the cursor suddenly jumps up a few lines

I'm typing away in word and suddenly the cursor pops up a few lines. It
happens when I'm typing fast and I just can't figure our what the combination
is that I'm hitting and why it's happening. How do I turn it off?
At times suddenly some of the text that I just typed is selected and then
deleted as I continue typing. Another hot key combination that I'm not sure
what it is and how to turn it off.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On a laptop, right? You're accidentally brushing your touchpad, or
maybe it's set too sensitive and is reacting to vibrations from the
keystrokes. See if you can disable it whan a mouse is plugged in, or
if there's a setting in the hardware for turning down the sensitivity.

On Jan 5, 12:24*pm, PeterT wrote:
I'm typing away in word and suddenly the cursor pops up a few lines. *It
happens when I'm typing fast and I just can't figure our what the combination
is that I'm hitting and why it's happening. *How do I turn it off?
At times suddenly some of the text that I just typed is selected and then
deleted as I continue typing. *Another hot key combination that I'm not sure
what it is and how to turn it off.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PeterT PeterT is offline

Default While typing in word 2007 the cursor suddenly jumps up a few l

Yup, a laptop. Thanks, I can see that as probably being the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

I don't suppose you're using a laptop that has a touchpad are you? I've
had that problem sometimes with my ASUS Tablet because the heel of my
hand accidentally brushes the touchpad.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP