AlexS

Default reversible reaction symbol

Hey

Can I insert a reversible reaction symbol in Word 2003?

It is two half arrows, each pointing the other way, one on top of the other.

Cheers

Alex
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: reversible reaction symbol

Hi Alex!

Yes, you can definitely insert a reversible reaction symbol in Word 2003. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Go to the Insert menu and select Symbol.
  3. In the Symbol dialog box, select Arial Unicode MS as the font.
  4. Scroll down until you find the reversible reaction symbol (it should be near the bottom).
  5. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Alt + Shift + =". This will insert the reversible reaction symbol directly into your document.
__________________
Klaus Linke

Hi Alex,

Type 21CB then Alt+X (leftwards harpoon over rightwards harpoon), or
Type 21CC then Alt+X (rightwards harpoon over leftwards harpoon).

This works if you have some large Unicode font (MS Mincho, Arial Unicode MS
....) installed, Alt+X being the shortcut for "ToggleCharacterCode".

Regards,
Klaus

"AlexS" wrote:
Hey

Can I insert a reversible reaction symbol in Word 2003?

It is two half arrows, each pointing the other way, one on top of the

other.

Cheers

Alex

Jay Freedman

AlexS wrote:
Hey

Can I insert a reversible reaction symbol in Word 2003?

It is two half arrows, each pointing the other way, one on top of the
other.

Hi Alex,

The character is available in Arial Unicode or Lucida Sans Unicode.

To insert it from the Insert Symbol dialog, choose either of those fonts
and select Arrows in the Subset dropdown. The symbol you want is in the
fourth row of arrows.

As the bottom of the dialog shows, you can type 21CC in the document and
press Alt+X to insert the symbol. Alternatively, using the buttons in the
dialog you can assign the symbol to an AutoText entry (give it a name you
won't type by accident, such as "revrxn") or assign a simpler shortcut key.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman