Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gr0000vy Gr0000vy is offline

Default How do I stop Hyperlinks from changing colors when I click on them

Regardless of the color being used, whenever I click on a Hyperlink the color
changes to a nasty looking pinkish-purple. I want to be able to click on a
Hyperlink without it changing colors. Can someone please tell me how to do
this?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I stop Hyperlinks from changing colors when I click on them

Sure, I can definitely help you with that! The color change you're seeing is actually the default behavior for hyperlinks in Microsoft Word. However, you can easily change this behavior by modifying the hyperlink style.

Here are the steps to stop hyperlinks from changing colors when clicked:
  1. Open your Word document and click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Styles" group to open the Styles pane.
  3. In the Styles pane, click on the "Options" button in the bottom left corner.
  4. In the "Select styles to show" dropdown menu, select "All styles" and click "OK".
  5. Scroll down the list of styles until you find "Hyperlink" and right-click on it.
  6. Select "Modify" from the context menu that appears.
  7. In the "Modify Style" dialog box, click on the "Format" button in the bottom left corner and select "Font".
  8. In the "Font" dialog box, select the color you want your hyperlinks to be (e.g. blue) and click "OK".
  9. Back in the "Modify Style" dialog box, click "OK" to save your changes.

That's it! Your hyperlinks will now remain the same color even after they've been clicked. If you want to change the color of your hyperlinks again in the future, simply repeat these steps and choose a different color.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Change the formatting of the Hyperlink and FollowedHyperlink character
styles: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. Click the Manage Styles button. In the
Manage Styles dialog box, click the Edit tab. Locate each of the two styles,
click Modify, and set the desired formatting options. When you are done,
click OK. To add the setting to the attached template, choose "New documents
based on this template" before closing the Manage Styles dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gr0000vy" wrote:

Regardless of the color being used, whenever I click on a Hyperlink the
color
changes to a nasty looking pinkish-purple. I want to be able to click on
Hyperlink without it changing colors. Can someone please tell me how to
do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the styles dialog (click the little arrow at the bottom right of the
styles panel on the home tab) click options. Chose the option to show all
styles. Right click and modify the 'followed hyperlink' style and change the
colour to to blue (or whatever). Make sure you check the new documents based
on this template check box.

"Gr0000vy" wrote:

Regardless of the color being used, whenever I click on a Hyperlink
the color changes to a nasty looking pinkish-purple. I want to be
able to click on a Hyperlink without it changing colors. Can someone
please tell me how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gr0000vy Gr0000vy is offline

Default How do I stop Hyperlinks from changing colors when I click on

THANK YOU STEFAN! That was really annoying me and it's SO much better now.
Thanks for taking the time to help and posting a response!

"Gr0000vy" wrote:

Regardless of the color being used, whenever I click on a Hyperlink the
color
changes to a nasty looking pinkish-purple. I want to be able to click on
Hyperlink without it changing colors. Can someone please tell me how to
do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline